Sunday, July 20, 2008

going on a month

I've been gluten free for almost a month. Next thrusday, I get to celebrate my month of gluten free eating with a intestinal biopsy.

The past month has been surreal. I've travelled and managed to live and eat. Three weeks in to my journey, I realized that I had not had a headache in three weeks. I've had some form of headache for at least 20 years. Often mild but always there in some form. Last night, I slept through the night for the first time since my oldest son was born 13 years ago. Ah to sleep again.

But oh, to have a grilled cheese sandwich. I really want one on really nice egg bread. I want it SO much, I went and bought a bread machine and have a, hopefully nice, challah loaf in there this very moment. At this point, I'd be happy if it remotely resembles bread!

No comments: